fbpx

Meet The New Director

Pastor Grace Lung
Director of Centre for Asian Christianity

I’m incredibly thankful to the BST board for appointing me to this role and for their commitment to supporting this work. 

As a pastor of a local church in Brisbane, I’ve observed that Asian Australian practitioners in the past have sought to develop their ministries but are fairly limited in energy and time. There are so many people from Asia at Australia’s door (and have come in and made a home here now!) yet it’s difficult to meet the need. That’s why having a bible college in this space is so important. Through the dedicated resources of CAC, I’ve been so encouraged to see the work that is already helping to tangibly accelerate the gospel in Asian contexts. 

In keeping with our mission for equipping, researching and connecting, our students will continue to be equipped through our Chinese program and also our Contextual Asian Ministry subject. There are so many great Asian academics and practitioners, whether abroad or right here in Australia, we hope to connect with, learn from and amplify their research. Also, I’m keen to keep encouraging and facilitating engagement with Asian contextual Christianity through literature and teaching. We also continue to connect with academics and practitioners with advisory board members heading to Thailand and Indonesia in July and August. Additionally, I look forward to meeting leaders in Melbourne in September.

None of our ministry work can go on if it wasn’t for the prayerful and generous support of our supporters. We do have financial need, so if you can support us by prayer and/or finances, I invite you to subscribe to our quarterly newsletter and/or giving via this link.

I have big shoes to fill and so I look forward to connecting more frequently with you, and our CAC advisors – our subject matter experts – to discern together how God will continue to lead this ministry. Here is how you can pray for us now:

• Pray for a smooth transition with the tasks and also all the staff and stakeholders
  • Pray for an upcoming Indonesia trip that our CAC advisory member, Kian, is taking to connect with our ministry partners. 
  • Pray for an upcoming trip to Melbourne in September and the various events CAC will be involved with.
  • Pray for our finances and support levels, and that God may use what we have fully for His work in this space, to bring people to Him.

Find out more about CAC