fbpx

How does the Bible fit together?

Graeme Goldsworthy and Biblical Theology
Graeme Goldsworthy with the BST MA class

How does the Bible fit together? Many are perplexed by this. Our students were able to delve deeper in studying the unity of the Bible and how we should respond to the Bible in the way it demands of us.

They attended the Biblical Theology intensive from 16-20 February, 2015 with Rev Dr Graeme Goldsworthy who is a leading author and teacher in this field of study. Graeme was also our guest speaker at the BST graduation ceremony. Click here to listen to his talk>
The Master of Arts intensive included students from various walks of life: pastors and other ministry workers, missionaries, retirees and others who simply wanted to sit in on the class as a refresher. They share their highlights from the week.
“I studied at BST in 1975 when Graeme was the dean of the college. I am now retired and my wife signed me up for the Biblical Theology intensive as a refresher. I am so glad she did because I have thoroughly enjoyed catching up with Graeme and sitting under his teaching ministry once again (Ted Jackson, alumni).”
“The significance of Graeme Goldsworthy’s class for me can be summarised very simply. You come away with a greater appreciation and love of Jesus in the entirety of the Bible and consequently in life (Isaac Milburn, current student).”
“Dr Goldsworthy’s class helped me discover how Old and New Testaments relate to each other and how it all testifies to the gospel of our sovereign Saviour (Matt Wilkins, current student).”
“It’s not often one has the opportunity to be taught Biblical Theology as a subject all on its own, and it really was the chance of a lifetime to sit under such a knowledgeable, wise and humble teacher such as Graeme Goldsworthy. He has certainly whet our appetites to continue to discover more about this gospel-centred and Christological approach to reading and preaching the whole of the Bible… it really is ALL about Jesus (Jean Thompson, current student).”
We have a wonderful line-up of MA intensives that aim to equip Christians in their life and ministries. If you’re interested in further developing your preaching skills, Mike Raiter will be at BST in July, 2015 to teach the Expository Preaching intensive. Or if you want to have a richer understanding of the Book of Acts, come along to David Peterson’s intensive in August, 2015.
[banner text=”More intensives”]
[banner text=”BST events”]
[banner text=”Study at BST”]